Do not use a calculator on this section.
1. The height of the teacher’s desk is:
2. Rick and his family are driving 911 miles from Minneapolis to Denver. After driving 287 miles, they stopped in Omaha for lunch. Estimate how many miles they have left to drive.
3. Maggie is buying donuts at the bakery for her classmates at school. She wants to buy twice as many donuts as students in her class. Maggie has 18 students in her class. About how many donuts should Maggie buy?
4. Andy wants to sort his football cards into boxes that hold 50 cards each. He has 620 football cards. About how many boxes will Andy need to hold all his cards?
5. The parking lot at Cub Foods has 24 rows that hold 99 cars each. About how many cars can park in Cub’s lot total?
6. The gas tank on your mom’s car holds about 15 gallons. If gas cost $.99 a gallon, about how much does it cost to fill the tank if empty?