brokenly Do not use a calculator on this section.
7. Latasha collects pennies, in August she collected 1,300 pennies, in September she collected 800 pennies, for October she collected 590 pennies, in November she collected 610 pennies, and in December she collected 995 pennies. About how many pennies did Latasha collect total?
8. Last week, Rick’s Math Web had the following number of visitors: Monday=250, Tuesday=501, Wednesday=260, Thursday=490 and Friday=711. About how many visitors came to Rick’s Math Web last week?
9. Ms. Garlik has 250 shares of IBM stock. She wants to double the number of shares she owns. About how many shares of stock should Ms. Garlik buy?
10. Mr. Benson wants to sort his computer files into folders that hold 30 files each. He has 960 files. About how many folders will Mr. Benson need to hold all the files?
11. Ahmad has 22 boxes of CDs. Each box has 12 CDs. About how many CDs does Ahmad have?
12. The fish aquarium holds about 30 gallons of water. If five fish can live in one gallon, about how many fish can you put in the tank?