You may use a calculator on this section.
13. Last year Patti K. sold TVs for a department store. She sold 110 big-screen TVs for $1,500 each. What is the total dollar amount Patti K. took in selling TVs?
14. Last week, Rohana bought a new computer for 10% off the advertised price. The advertised price was $1,800. How much did Rohana have to pay for the computer.
15. The State of Minnesota has a .065 (6.5%) sales tax. Use the last problem to determine how much tax Rohana had to pay on her new computer.
16. Mr. Anker has one share of RMW stock worth 10Â½. The price went up 2Â¾. What is the stock worth now?
17. The Minnesota Senate uses a 2/3 majority to pass certain laws. There are 67 Senators in the Minnesota Legislature. How many Senators need to vote for a bill to make it pass with a 2/3 vote?
18. Flying from Minneapolis, Minnesota to Orlando, Florida takes 3Â½ hours. Flying from Minneapolis to Chicago, Illinois takes Â¾ of an hour. How much more time is needed to fly to Orlando?